cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Paul Terray <ter...@4dconcept.fr>
Subject RE: Alternative to cocoon ?
Date Tue, 22 Aug 2000 10:06:35 GMT
YES ! Thank you, this work now.

I want to thanks everyone that helped me in this matter, especially Michael
Christiansen, Ed Staub and Luc Saint-Elie <luc@interpasnet.com
  for their help,  and Jeffery Grossman for having fought the battle before
me :-)

The solution is the following (how to make it available to everyone, by the
way ?) :
For the iPlanet Web Server (tested on v4.1 under NT 4)
- Follow exactly the same installation instruction as the one for "New
Atlanta's SevletExec 2.2" on <http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/install.html>
- in the jvm12.conf, add all the needed ".jar" to the jvm.classpath line
and uncomment it. This would make the following line :

jvm.classpath=d:/Netscape/Server4/plugins/samples/servlets/beans.10/SDKBeans10.jar;d:/Netscape/Server4/plugins/samples/servlets/beans/SDKBeans.jar;d:/Netscape/Server4/bin/https/jar/Bugbase.jar;d:/Netscape/Server4/bin/https/jar/Calljsac.jar;D:\Netscape\Server4\docs\cocoon\bin\cocoon.jar;D:/Netscape/Server4/docs/cocoon/lib/fop_0_12_1.jar;D:/Netscape/Server4/docs/cocoon/lib/stylebook-1.0-b2.jar;D:/Netscape/Server4/docs/cocoon/lib/xalan_1_0_1.jar;D:/Netscape/Server4/docs/cocoon/lib/xerces_1_0_3.jar

- All these settings can be done through the GUI interface. Everything is
in the "Servlets" tab of your server setting:
         - You need to set first "Configure Servlet Attributes". DON'T TRY
TO SET THE CLASSPATH HERE. It is of no use :-(.
                 Servlet Name: Cocoon
                 Servlet Code (class name): org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon
                 Servlet Args: properties=<your local path to
cocoon>/cocoon/conf/cocoon.properties (This is a disk path)
         - Then, go to "Configure JVM Attributes" and add to the classpath
the path to the cocoon jar (or copy the jvm.classpath value upper in that mail)
         - To finish, go to "Configure Servlet Virtual Path Translation"
and add the rule for "*.xml" to point to cocoon servlet :
                 Virtual Path: *.xml
                 Servlet Name: cocoon

I have a last problem, though : it seems the *.xml does not work as a
virtual path. To test, you can use "/Cocoon.xml" as a virtual path, and
"/cocoon/samples/", although the images won't work :-( I report the bug to
iPlanet.

--
Paul Terray - terray@4dconcept.fr
tel : 01 34 58 70 76