cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Ulrich Mayring <u...@denic.de>
Subject Question about RequestDispatcher
Date Mon, 28 Aug 2000 09:24:50 GMT
Michael Engelhart wrote:

> // node is an org.w3c.dom.Node
> request.setAttribute("xmlnode", node);
> RequestDispatcher rd = request.getRequestDispatcher("/yourxsppage.xml");
> rd.forward(request, response);
>
> then in you XSP you'd have something like:
>
> <xsp:logic>
>      Node node = (Node)
>      request.getAttribute("xmlnode");
>      xspCurrentNode.appendChild(document.importNode(node, true));
> </xsp:logic>

Hello Michael,

do I understand it correctly that in this case the RequestDispatcher
simply takes the request he got from the client and forwards it to
cocoon? If yes, then how does the client get the cocoon-generated
result?

1) cocoon sends it directly to the client
2) cocoon sends it back to the servlet that used the RequestDispatcher

As far as I understand from the RequestDispatcher documentation case 2)
is applicable. So, how would I read the response in my servlet? Do I
just open an input stream?

thanks for any pointers,

Ulrich

--