cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Marco Pauck <pa...@wmd.de>
Subject Including HTML in stylesheets
Date Sun, 27 Aug 2000 20:58:03 GMT
I'm look for a workable solution to include the contents of
legacy HTML files in some of my stylesheets.

These HTML files are of the type 'fancy and XML-incompatible
design stuff' and should be included only in the stylesheets
for HTML output, not those for WML output.

Therefor, this is no job for XSP and (x)include but the final
formatting step with XSLT, right?

An easy solution would be to generate a server-side include
comment (SSI) of the type <!--#include ...--> however, although
we're using Apache as the 'front-end' to Tomcat and Cocoon,
requests that are redirected to Tomcat are obviously not
processed by Apache's SSI module  :-(

Any ideas (instead of blowing up the stylesheets with vast
amounts of HTML code)?

	Marco
--
Marco Pauck -- marco@pauck.de -- http://www.pauck.de/marco/
For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple,