cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Giacomo Pati <Giacomo.P...@pwr.ch>
Subject Re: new version of the sql logicsheet under development
Date Sun, 27 Aug 2000 19:17:40 GMT
Uli Mayring wrote:

> On Sun, 27 Aug 2000, Donald Ball wrote:
>
> > class test {
> >
> >  void main() {
> >   Object foo;
> >   // each thread gets its own foo
> >  }

> Ok, I understood now what you mean. Thanks for the info.
>
> So it looks like this problem is really hard to solve on the XSP side.
> Since we cannot expect the Java-Gods to abolish the 64K limitation and we
> shouldn't expect the cocoon users to knowingly avoid it, what possibilites
> are left?
>
> Perhaps we should rethink XSP. It translates XML into Java, so we can use
> Java in XML. Up to now we were trying to think of a different way to
> translate XML into Java.

I remember Ricardo saying that XSP is not bound to a particular
programming language (more or less). Only the current implementation is
targeted to Java. XSP from the design view can also be targeted to any
language. Mainly those made available by the bean scriptig engine
(bsf.jar and bsfengine.jar). It could be that this statement is true
only for XSP in Cocoon 2.

> Please folks, don't get upset at my sometimes stupid thoughts, I am just
> trying to learn a bit about the XSP internals.

You're welcome. Others might learn from these threads as well :)

Giacomo