cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Ilya A. Kriveshko" <i...@infoinsomniax.com>
Subject Caching quirk...
Date Wed, 23 Aug 2000 22:55:23 GMT
(coocoon-dev people, please read and help, or at least explain)

Hello,

I have a chain of XSLT style sheets processing a document.
I also have caching disabled in cocoon.properties:
cache = org.apache.cocoon.cache.NoCache

When I make a modification to one of the stylesheets in the
middle of the chain and [shift-] reload the page in Netscape,
I don't see the results of my modification. If I then reload
the same page in IE, the page does get recomputed, and
works fine in NS after that.

As if that wasn't weird enough, any changes I make to the
source XML document make it all the way to the browser
(either IE or NS) with no problems. Even if I make a change
to the source XML and to one of the XSLTs, and then reload
the page in Netscape, the data changes is visible, but the
formatting change is not (until the first time I use IE to
reload the page.)

The only reasonable explanation I can think of is that chained
XSLT transformations get compiled into one transformation
(somehow) and that transformation is cached. Does this make
sense? How can I change that behavior?
---
Ilya

P.S.:
I am running Apache, JServ and Cocoon 1.7.4.
I *did* restart Apache after disabling caching in cocoon.properties.
I chain the XSLTs placing the following in the root template of each,
but the last .xsl file:
<xsl:processing-instruction name="cocoon-process">type="xslt"</xsl:processing-instruction>
<xsl:processing-instruction name="xml-stylesheet">href="next_step.xsl" type="text/xsl"</xsl:processing-instruction>