cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Mac Schwarz <mcsch...@phil.uni-erlangen.de>
Subject Re: accessing parameter values
Date Wed, 23 Aug 2000 14:36:29 GMT
Yeb Havinga wrote:

> Mac Schwarz wrote:
> >
> > I'm getting the same error as trying to use the request taglib as an
> > attribute value:
> >
> > ElemTemplateElement error: Can not add xsp:expr to xsl:attribute
>
> I did a little test and got the same error. Also when trying to pass the
> value using xsl variable, I had no success:
>
> <xsp:expr>request.getParameter("aap")</xsp:expr> returned the 3rd line
> in
>
> ((Element) xspCurrentNode).setAttribute(
>       "someatt",
>       "request.getParameter("aap")"
>     );
> in the generated java code.
>
> <request:get-parameter name="aap" default="N/A"/> returned
> ((Element) xspCurrentNode).setAttribute(
>       "someatt",
>       ""
>     );
>
> Sorry!
>
> -- Yeb

With <xsp:attribute> I was able to assign the parameter value as an
attribute:

 <input type="text" name="{@id}">
    <xsp:attribute name="value">
      <xsp:expr>request.getParameter("<xsl:value-of
select="@id"/>")</xsp:expr>
    </xsp:attribute>
  </input>

mac

--
Mac Schwarz / AERIA Projekt / Inst. f. Klassische Archaeologie
e-mail: mac@aeria.phil.uni-erlangen.de  / Tel.: 09131-85-24791