cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Ulrich Mayring <u...@denic.de>
Subject Re: Where did ProducerFromRequest go?
Date Wed, 23 Aug 2000 07:46:53 GMT
Donald Ball wrote:

> > Basically, I create an XML document in a Java program and post it to a
> > servlet (to be written), which should hand it to cocoon, cocoon should
> > (via fop) generate a PDF and send a stream back to the servlet, which
> > gives the stream to the Java program, which saves the PDF to a file.
>
> i think your java program should just call Xalan and FOP directly.

Well, we have several tools that programmatically create XML, HTML or
PDF documents, so I was looking for a more generic way to do that.
Probably I should look into SOAP, but quite frankly, it looks very
complicated :)

I think I'll try to copy&paste the code from ProducerFromRequest into my
servlet and see how things go.

Ulrich

--
Ulrich Mayring