cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Ricardo Rocha <rica...@apache.org>
Subject Re: stylesheet switching on browser version
Date Tue, 22 Aug 2000 17:44:11 GMT
Robin Green wrote:

> In other words, XSP assumes that it is getting its input document from
> ProducerFromFile. Tsk, tsk.
>
> So either you have to
>
> A) Dynamically create stylesheets PIs in XSP instead (I recommend this)
> B) Don't use XSP at all!!
> C) Fix XSPProcessor (!)

XSP assumes its input document to be a file so that it can
reliably perform a change check every time the XSP page is
requested.

What does decoupling XSP from ProducerFromFile entail?

If we had a way of (efficiently!) comparing the entire document
passed as input to XSPProcessor from its previous version then
we'd be all set.

How can this be achieved? Should we extend Producer as to,
somehow, reflect the source document's last modified timestamp?

Ideas are welcome!