cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Mac Schwarz <mcsch...@phil.uni-erlangen.de>
Subject Re: accessing parameter values
Date Tue, 22 Aug 2000 15:53:12 GMT
Yeb Havinga wrote:

> Hello
>
> I was not aware of a request tag library, so when I needed parameter
> values in my xsl I just used:
>
> <xsl:template match="showparam">
> <xsp:expr>request.getParameter("<xsl:value-of
> select="@name"/>")</xsp:expr>    </xsl:template>
>
> So what happens when you try:
>
> <xsl:attribute name="someatt">
> <xsp:expr>request.getParameter("parametername")</xsp:expr>
> </xsl:attribute>
>
> Obviously, if a request library exists, this is a hint in the wrong
> direction.
>
> -- Yeb

I'm getting the same error as trying to use the request taglib as an
attribute value:

ElemTemplateElement error: Can not add xsp:expr to xsl:attribute

<xsl:attribute name="someattribute"><request:get-parameter-values
name="parametername"/></xsl:attribute>

ElemTemplateElement error: Can not add request:get-parameter-values to
xsl:attribute

You can find the more about the request taglib if you have a look at

{cocoon cvs repository
checkout}/src/org/apache/cocoon/processor/xsp/library/java/request.xsl

There are context, cookie, global, response, session and util libs also.

	mac

--
Mac Schwarz / AERIA Projekt / Inst. f. Klassische Archaeologie
e-mail: mac@aeria.phil.uni-erlangen.de  / Tel.: 09131-85-24791