cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Ilya A. Kriveshko" <i...@infoinsomniax.com>
Subject Re: Encoding of the document
Date Mon, 21 Aug 2000 18:26:48 GMT
Sergei,

I had gone through the same hurdle, and the it appears that the only way
to get all the "special" characters preserved is to set the encoding for all
the processes along the chain that your document travels. In my case it
was:

processor.xsp.encoding = UTF-8
formatter.text/xml.encoding = UTF-8
formatter.text/html.encoding = UTF-8

Notice, that XSP outputs XML, which is what the second line is for.

I think we ought to be able to specify the encoding at runtime by setting
the encoding attribute of the <?cocoon-process?> tag, but it just doesn't
seem to work in 1.7.4.
---
Ilya.