cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Yeb Havinga <yeb.havi...@ddnh.nl>
Subject Oracle refcursor from stored proc/func
Date Thu, 17 Aug 2000 07:56:50 GMT
Currently I am using Oracle XSQL to get stuff from a database. This is
because I need to access a pl/sql stored function that returns a
reference cursor (=resultset). However xsql doesn't integrate well with
cocoon/xsp. Currently I am using util:include uri to include .xsql
files, where I would rather specify the correspondent call to the stored
function.

Does someone recognize this problem? Is integrating the Oracle XML SQL
Utility
http://technet.oracle.com/tech/xml/oracle_xsu/
http://technet.oracle.com/docs/tech/xml/oracle_xsu/doc_library/relnotes.html#javaAPI
(you need to register on otn to view this)

with cocoon the solution for this problem? Though the docs say it needs
the Oracle xml parser, it works fine with xerces. (Since XSQL works fine
too)

Or should I try to hack (oracle)jdbc refcursor calls in the standard sql
utility from cocoon?

Hmmm not sure.

Does someone else have the same problem? What are your findings?

-- Yeb