cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Sebastien Koechlin <skoech...@ivision.fr>
Subject Re: How to handle special characters in XML
Date Wed, 16 Aug 2000 16:24:47 GMT
ame_s@arabia.com wrote:

> thsi is not the problem at all I don't need a character set I am using
> unicode and I use the representation chart for the characters in arabic
> but it never changes all I get is that     ?       for all the
> differents representations?????????????
> that is why I believe it is bugged dealing with other special
> characters.

To get a good output, you need:

1- an encoding in EVERY input file
        (<?xml version='1.0' encoding='iso-8859-1'?>)
2- an encoding for your output in cocoon.properties
        if formatted with org.apache.cocoon.formatter.XMLFormatter
        (don't know for others).
        (formatter.text/wml.encoding = ISO-8859-1)
3- a browser able to display them

If not, your non-ASCII chars are translated into '?'

--
S├ębastien Koechlin