cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Markus Schneider <schn...@cs.bonn.edu>
Subject OutOfMemory issue...
Date Tue, 15 Aug 2000 19:31:49 GMT
Hello,

I am currently developing a cross-database retrieval system based on
Xerces and Cocoon (for the formatting of the output). Basically I gather

XML-Data in a servlet and send it via a custom CocconServletRequest to
Cocoon. Everything works fine for several runs. But afterwards I just
get 'Internal Server Error's. After restarting apache, everything works
fine again. Seems to be a problem with the Garbage Collection to me...

httpd.error.log says:

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError:
        at
org.apache.jserv.JServConnection.processRequest(JServConnection.java:320)

        at
org.apache.jserv.JServConnection.run(JServConnection.java:188)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java)

Configuration:
- PII 400, 64 MB RAM (128MB swap)
- i386 Linux SuSE 6.4
- JDK 1.17B
- JSDK 2.0
- JServ 1.1
- Cocoon 1.7.4

Any suggestions are highly appreciated (maybe VM tweaking)...

Thanks in advance,
Markus