cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cocoon2 installation issues
Date Tue, 15 Aug 2000 18:02:46 GMT
Joel Bethea wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In trying to get Cocoon2 up and running, I encounter the following error
> when i try to access the welcome page:
>
> Cocoon 2.0: Exception
> Class: java.lang.NullPointerException
> Message: null
> java.lang.NullPointerException
>         at
> org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.SitemapHandler.process(SitemapHandler.java:145)
>         at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.SitemapManager.invoke(SitemapManager.java:84)
>         at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.process(Cocoon.java:178)
>         at org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.service(CocoonServlet.java:142)
>         at
> org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java:503)
>         at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:559)
>         at
> org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler.processConnection(HttpC
> onnectionHandler.java:160)
>         at
> org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpConnectionThread.run(SimpleTcpEndpoint.java:338
> )
>         at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
>
> I've looked for possible conflicts in the included .jar files, and concluded
> that this problem is caused by something else.  Right now, (correct me if I
> am wrong, please), i think the cause could be that the URL in the following
> line from the sitemap.xmap file is not valid:
>
> <map:sitemap xmlns:map="http://apache.org/cocoon/sitemap/1.0">
>
> I have also tried the http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/sitemap/1.0 but it
> doesn't work either.  Has anyone else had this problem and fixed it, or does
> anyone know for certain that the URL is correct?
> thanks...

I'm traking down the problem right now and, no, it's not a classpath
issue but something wrong in the code that Giacomo updated before
leaving for vacation (Giacomo, try doing a clean rebuild and tell us if
your stuff works on your machine because I'm having the same problem
here)

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.