cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Ricardo Rocha <rica...@apache.org>
Subject Re: locating exceptions raised in populateDocument(..)
Date Fri, 11 Aug 2000 03:06:15 GMT
Alexandre Stouffs wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am developing a taglib with tags containing <xsp:logic>.
> When I access the page, I am getting this, for eg.
>
> java.lang.ClassCastException
>     at
> _C_._project._demo._article_list.populateDocument(_article_list.java,
> Compiled Code)
>     at org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.XSPPage.getDocument(XSPPage.java:96)
> [..]
>
> I would like to locate where the exception is raised in _article_list.java,
> there are no line number.
> Setting the log.level to debug in cocoon.properties does not help.
>
> Is there a way to find the line number ?
> Could recompiling cocoon with debugging enabled be some help ?
> I looked in the postings of the mailing list I have but found nothing.

The stack trace above doesn't include a line number but, instead,
a misterious "compiled code" location. I used to see this in the
early versions of Blackdown's JDK 1.2... I'm not completely sure,
but I have the impression this has to do with the JDK version
you're using. This problem disappeared for me when I upgraded to
Sun's JDK 1.2.2.