cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Ricardo Rocha <rica...@apache.org>
Subject Re: recompilation
Date Fri, 11 Aug 2000 03:01:52 GMT
Torsten Curdt wrote:

> How does this work...
>
> In my XSP file I write
>
>  <xsp:logic>
>    String s = "<xsl:value-of select="@something"/>";
>  </xsp:logic>

The above (mixing XSP and XSL tags) makes sense only in
a taglib, _not_ in an XSP page as such.

> Don't cocoon need to recompile this stuff at every
> page hit? I haven't tried out but what if I write
> it this way?
>
>  <xsp:logic>
>    String s = <xsl:value-of select="@something"/>;
>  </xsp:logic>
>
> Now Java source code should be inserted... Guess
> this will not work... but?!

Could you, please, explain what you want to achieve
with the above expression?

> Can someone please explain when cocoon exactly
> starts a recompilation?

Recompilation is triggered only when either the original
XSP file or any of the logicsheets it depends on (those
associated by means of <?xml-logicsheet?>) change on
disk.

In general, no markup expression or usage pattern in
the code will ever trigger recompilation: it depends
on files changing on disk only.