cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Mac Schwarz <mcsch...@phil.uni-erlangen.de>
Subject Re: How do I stop Cocoon from...
Date Thu, 10 Aug 2000 19:52:20 GMT
Søren Neigaard wrote:

> How do I stop Cocoon from writing "<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML
> 4.0//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/strict.dtd">" at the start, and
> "<!-- This page was served in 81 milliseconds by Cocoon 1.7.4 -->" at the
> end of every response?
>
> Med venlig hilsen/Best regards
> Søren Neigaard

That depends on the formatter you use. Have a look at the
cocoon.properties file section "XML Formatters". You could use the
'text/plain' formatter I think.

You can set it either as default formatter in the cocoon.properties file
(formatter.default=...), in your XML files with the <?cocoon-format
type="..."?> PI or in your XSL file with
<xsl:processing-instruction
name="cocoon-format">type="..."</xsl:processing-instruction>

I don't know how to avoid the '<!-- This page....>' at the end of the
cocoon-dev) but I think the directive to supress the message will be
introduced with Cocoon2. However the 'history of changes' document for
cocoon 1.8-dev (I use and refer to so maybe all of above won't apply to
your 1.7.4) states that the message is disabled at least for HTTP HEAD
requests.

mac

--
Mac Schwarz / AERIA Projekt / Inst. f. Klassische Archaeologie
e-mail: mac@aeria.phil.uni-erlangen.de  / Tel.: 09131-85-24791