cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@infoplanning.com>
Subject Re: Image output
Date Thu, 10 Aug 2000 19:33:42 GMT
David Pettersson wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is it possible (and if so, how) to generate an image (ie, jpg, png or gif)
> containing a bar chart from a xml document containing statistics using
> xsl? Or do I have to write a servlet or bean? Isn't it just a translation?

Only if the format is described in text.  If you are generating SVG images,
you would be able to do a simple translation.  Unfortunately jpg, png, and
gif are all binary formats.  With Cocoon1 you need to use beans to generate
the image, but Cocoon2 will allow you to generate a SVG and serialize it
as a jpg, png, gif, or svg.