cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Ricardo Rocha <rica...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Interfacing with JavaBeans
Date Thu, 03 Aug 2000 19:51:38 GMT
Marco Pauck wrote:

> As most of our application's business logic is already
> encapsulated within JavaBeans, I'm looking for a proven
> pattern (or maybe even some real code ;-) to interface
> with them via a taglib.
>
> Has anyone already worked on this topic?

An "xbean" taglib is clearly a most needed addition to
the core taglibs provided for XSP. This topic has been
treated (though somewhat tangentially) in the
"logicsheet-concepts.xml" document available under
the xdocs directory of the Cocoon2 distribution.

I think this one should be among the first to be
developed in the planned "foundation taglibs" for
XPS in Cocoon2. Currently, though, we're still
working out some XSP details that require our
attention first. But it'll come, hopefully with
your assistance, :-)

Ricardo