cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@infoplanning.com>
Subject Re: Cocoon and IE 5.5
Date Tue, 01 Aug 2000 12:10:14 GMT
Martin Erlandsson wrote:

> Greetings fellow Cocooners!
>
> I upgraded to IE 5.5 and now I am having troubles viewing my Cocoon files.
> IE 5.5 seems more picky about file extentions than IE 5.01.
>
> Example:
>
> When requesting the fo sample darkness-novel.xml like this:
>
> .../samples/fo/darkness-novel.xml
> and also
> .../samples/fo/darkness-novel.xml?
>
> I get a blank page.
>
> However,
>
> .../samples/fo/darkness-novel.xml?.pdf
>
> works, but is not a clean solution in the long run (I think).
>
> While waiting for Cocoon 2 to solve this, does anyone have a suggestion how
> to solve this nicely with Cocoon 1.x ?

Save your xml files with the PDF extension and have Cocoon process them.

Cocoon doesn't have a problem with extensions--IE does (not following spec
and forcing everyone to work around their stupidity).

The only problem with that solution is that you cannot store real PDF
documents in the same context as Cocoon.

So it would work like this:

rename darkness-novel.xml to darkness-novel.pdf, and set the servlet mapping
to have Cocoon process "*.pdf" as well as "*.xml".