cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Stevenson, Chris (SSABSA)" <ch...@ssabsa.sa.gov.au>
Subject XSL: Generate XPointer for current element?
Date Fri, 04 Aug 2000 02:17:24 GMT

I am no XML guru (yet) and I couldn't find any obvious
refs to this on the w4eb/archives, so Ithought I'd ask...

How do I generate an XPointer (XLink?) to the element that
I am currently looking at in an XSL document.

I am building a TOC for an XML book, and I want to
have an XPointer that I can use to generate a page for
the next stage (rendering a chapter).

I don't want to change the book structure to include
ids, I want an XML pointer that looks like
BOOK[0]/CHAPTER[5]

How do I do this?

chris.

-- Chris Stevenson ----------------------- SSABSA --
Senior Secondary Assessment Board of South Australia
60 Greenhill Road, Wayville SA 5034, Australia
email: chris@ssabsa.sa.gov.au
phone: (08) 8372 7515
  fax: (08) 8372 7590