cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Giacomo Pati <pati_giac...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: cocoon2.0a2 installation issues
Date Wed, 30 Aug 2000 11:06:57 GMT

--- Stefano Mazzocchi <stefano@apache.org> wrote:

> > > built it, and
> > > not come up
> in the
> > >
> > > Yes, I cleaned up the exception handling... now it should be more
> > > informative.

localhost_8080%2Fcocoon\_d_\_tomcat\_webapps\_cocoon\_sitemap_xmap.java

> > the _sitemap_xmap.java file has nothing in it however.
>
> Well, this clearly shows we have some problems in the exception
> handling
> system for XSP subsystem: throwing a LanguageException without
> telling
> us what's wrong is not really useful, I'd guess.
>
> Ricardo, any idea?

Personaly I almost never had such problems. Maybe because I use a
dedicated tomcat 'build dist' and put all the cocoon jars into
dist/tomcat/lib and put the webapp.war into dist/tomcat/webapp.

I use the same procedure with Linux as with WinNT.

Giacomo

=====