cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Sergei O . Naumov" <nau...@r-style.donpac.ru>
Subject Re: [Cocoon Users] Re: Encoding of the document
Date Tue, 22 Aug 2000 09:32:53 GMT

> I had gone through the same hurdle, and the it appears that the only way
> to get all the "special" characters preserved is to set the encoding for all
> the processes along the chain that your document travels. In my case it
> was:
>
> processor.xsp.encoding = UTF-8
> formatter.text/xml.encoding = UTF-8
> formatter.text/html.encoding = UTF-8

It does work like this. Only in my case it KOI8_R instead of UTF-8

> Notice, that XSP outputs XML, which is what the second line is for.
>
> I think we ought to be able to specify the encoding at runtime by setting
> the encoding attribute of the <?cocoon-process?> tag, but it just doesn't
> seem to work in 1.7.4.

I guess, the best solution would be to somehow "extract" this information from
either
Apache or from Accept-Charset or User-Agent to automatically send the encoding
that
a browser wonts. I do not know enough about Cocoon internals to tell how this
can
be implemented, though. Does anyone have any idea on the subject?

Thanks,
		Sergei