cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Matthew Cordes <mcord...@maine.edu>
Subject xsl:copy-of within logic blocks
Date Fri, 18 Aug 2000 17:35:17 GMT
Hello all.  I have a servlet that returns xml.  What is the best way to
include that within the output of xsp page.  I've tried

	<xsl:variable name="url">
		<xsp:expr>urlString<xsp:expr>
	</xsl:variable>

	<xsl:copy-of select="document( $url )"/>

but because i create the url within a logic block it doesn't seem to work.
Am I misusing something?

I also tried using java.net.URL from within the logic block which worked
and I get back a string, but I'm confused how to add it to the output
document.  if I try:

	<xsp:content><xsp:expr>foreignDocumentString</xsp:expr><xsp:content>

I get the an output-escaped version of the xml I want to add to the tree.
Does xsp:expr have a means to turn output escaping off?  Or is there something
else that must be done.

Is there any easier way to get get a document from a semi-static source
(like a servlet) I'm implementing a Connection Pool type of thing.

Any ideas?

-matt