cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Ron Chan" <rcli...@i-tao.com>
Subject Re: Servlet engines, suggestions.
Date Wed, 16 Aug 2000 07:13:10 GMT
we have Cocoon 1.7.3 running with resin and apache on linux and on win98
we also have cocoon running on standalone resin on an NT machine

must use all latest versions
resin 1.2b
xalan 1.1
xerces 1.1.3

drop all cocoon related jars in the resin/lib directory

insert this in resin.conf

 <servlet-mapping url-pattern='*.xml' servlet-name='cocoon'/>
 <servlet servlet-name='cocoon' servlet-class='org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon'>
   <init-param properties='/WEB-INF/cocoon.properties'/>
 </servlet>

hope this helps

Ron Chan
mailto:rchan@i-tao.com
www.i-tao.com

----- Original Message -----
From: thomas@jet <thomas@jet.st>
To: <cocoon-users@xml.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, August 15, 2000 2:42 PM
Subject: Servlet engines, suggestions.

Hi there.

I've just fallen in love with Cocoon and are about to enable it on my
productional server. I currently run Jserv1.1.2 as the servlet engine
on my dev box and it works fairly well, except when it comes to the
"ApJServManual" directive when restarting Apache on WinNT.
Setting it to off, causes Jserv to hang on an Ap restart as it cannot
re-bind, since the java engine is still running.
Having it in manual mode on the other hand, does not fit very well with my
Apache
restart scheme triggered by a cronjob.

I have previously also tried Resin and Tomcat.
Resin;
is anyone running it along with Cocoon ?

Tomcat;
Got it up, was not able to glue it together with Cocoon though :-/

What engines/confs do you guys run/have.
Suggestions are highly welcome.

mvh
thomas.