cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "OD" ...@feersumendjinns.com>
Subject Re: How do I prevent line breaks in embedded Javascript
Date Tue, 15 Aug 2000 19:17:35 GMT
How do I prevent line breaks in embedded JavascriptLine 235 of the cocoon.properties file:
"# HTML 4.0 (transitional)
formatter.text/html/loose.line-width = 120"

I've set that to 650 and had string literals around 600 chars, no problem.

Corey
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Tom Porcaro
  To: 'cocoon-users@xml.apache.org'
  Sent: Tuesday, August 15, 2000 6:18 PM
  Subject: How do I prevent line breaks in embedded Javascript

  I am embedding Javascript into an XSL Stylesheet.  Some of the lines are long (80 - 256
chars). These lines are string literals in the javascript and cannot be broken across lines.
As far as I can tell the Xalan XSLT leaves the lines the way they are. However when I serve
up these stylesheets with Cocoon, line breaks are inserted making all lines less than 80 chars.
Where is this being done? My guess is the HTML formatting object. Does anyone know of a way
to disable this???

  The cocoon PI that I am using in my stylesheet is as follows:

  <xsl:processing-instruction name="cocoon-format">type="text/html"</xsl:processing-instruction>

  Thomas J. Porcaro
  Sr. Software Developer
  Connexn Technologies
  303-301-6268