cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Yann" <ylelo...@ims.ltd.uk>
Subject Spawning Cocoon for local XML/XSL work
Date Tue, 01 Aug 2000 08:38:20 GMT
Hi Cocooners,

Well I have to create an app that will allow users to generate XML documents
and transform them in various files. It's like a desktop app as opposed to a
real Cocoon web app. There are some reasons for doing so but I don't want to
get into the details.

Instead of using Xalan and also doing something similar to the XSP SQL tag
lib, I thought I might as well spawn a Cocoon instance that will process an
XSP page and do the transformation and eventually save the results onto the
hard drive (possibly using the Xalan redirection extension).

So has anybody done something similar (like a servlet wrapper) for Cocoon.
Or is it even simpler than I thought?

Thanks,

Yann.