cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Perry Molendijk" <pe...@inflexions.com>
Subject Re: XSP bug with new line characters?
Date Wed, 30 Aug 2000 01:29:34 GMT
To stop XMLSpy from indenting and breaking lines go to edit - settings select the file types
tab and select the file extention on the left and select the Text View option under Default
View. I have had a few problems myself with the linebreaks and indenting added by XMLSpy mainly
with xhtml documents in IE5.

Perry
----- Original Message -----
From: Anthony.Ettinger@mPower.com
To: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
Sent: Wednesday, August 30, 2000 7:56 AM
Subject: XSP bug with new line characters?

Hello,

I'm using the following two lines in my xml document:
        <xsp:attribute name="que-num"><xsp:expr>question</xsp:expr></xsp:attribute>

        <xsp:attribute name="sec-num"><xsp:expr>section</xsp:expr></xsp:attribute>

However, if these are broken up into more than two lines, cocoon will not parse the document,
resulting in an empty document.
for example:

        <xsp:attribute name="que-num">
                <xsp:expr>question</xsp:expr>
        </xsp:attribute>
        <xsp:attribute name="sec-num">
                <xsp:expr>section</xsp:expr>
        </xsp:attribute>

The 6 lines above result in an empty error.

Is this a bug, where cocoon needs these on two lines, and only two lines?
If there is a work-around please help! Thanks.

(by the way, I'm using XMLSpy v. 3.0.7, which is converting the two lines at the top to the
six lines above whenever I open the document).

Anthony Ettinger
Sr. Web Developer
415-875-8936
ettinger@mpower.com