cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Martin Gudgin" <mart...@develop.com>
Subject Re: Servlet engines, suggestions.
Date Tue, 15 Aug 2000 13:55:51 GMT
I got Cocoon running on Tomcat last night having followed the info in[1]
 this file is linked from off the Cocoon docs index.html page under the Are
there books that cover this stuff? ).

I couldn't get it to work with the cocoon.properties in %TOMCAT_HOME%\conf
so I put it into %TOMCAT_HOME%\webapps\ROOT instead...

Martin Gudgin
DevelopMentor

[1] http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/javaxml/chapter/ch09.html

----- Original Message -----
From: "thomas@jet" <thomas@jet.st>
To: <cocoon-users@xml.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, August 15, 2000 2:42 PM
Subject: Servlet engines, suggestions.

Hi there.

I've just fallen in love with Cocoon and are about to enable it on my
productional server. I currently run Jserv1.1.2 as the servlet engine
on my dev box and it works fairly well, except when it comes to the
"ApJServManual" directive when restarting Apache on WinNT.
Setting it to off, causes Jserv to hang on an Ap restart as it cannot
re-bind, since the java engine is still running.
Having it in manual mode on the other hand, does not fit very well with my
Apache
restart scheme triggered by a cronjob.

I have previously also tried Resin and Tomcat.
Resin;
is anyone running it along with Cocoon ?

Tomcat;
Got it up, was not able to glue it together with Cocoon though :-/

What engines/confs do you guys run/have.
Suggestions are highly welcome.

mvh
thomas.