cocoon-users mailing list archives

From kjell.myksv...@telenor.com (Kjell M. Myksvoll)
Subject Order of execution of different namespace tags when using xsp?
Date Wed, 12 Jul 2000 09:14:56 GMT
Hello,

I have made myself a small taglib called "ls" for accessing a corba
service. This taglib is used by the following complete xml-page:

  <?cocoon-process type="xsp"?>
  <?cocoon-process type="xslt"?>
  <?xml-stylesheet href="test-ls-html.xsl" type="text/xsl"?>

  <xsp:page
    language="java"
    xmlns:request="http://www.apache.org/1999/XSP/Request"
    xmlns:ls="http://fou.telenor.com/ls"

  <page>
   <ls:setTerminalId><request:get-query-string /></ls:setTerminalId>

   <terminal>Terminal = <ls:getTerminalId /></terminal>
   <location>
    Cell ID   = <ls:getCellId   />
    UTM North = <ls:getUTMNorth />
    UTM East  = <ls:getUTMEast  />
    UTM Zone  = <ls:getUTMZone  />
   </location>
  </page>

  </xsp:page>

The problem is that I have to set a value before accessing the corba
service (via the taglib). This is what I tried to do with the
expression

  <ls:setTerminalId><request:get-query-string /></ls:setTerminalId>

above. Unfortunatly this does not works, as the "request" part are
replaced with space (or rather nothing), leading to error in the
resulting java code.

Substituting the expression above with the following one makes it work
as intended.

   <xsp:logic>
    terminal = request.getQueryString();
   </xsp:logic>

Thats okay, but I don't quite like the idea of having to put java code
directly into the xml page in this case. It would be better if the
first expression or something similar worked. Is there any way of
achieving this? Perhaps some way of forcing all the "request" tags to
be executed before the other xsp tags?

best regards,
kmm