cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@media.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: Order of execution of different namespace tags when using xsp?
Date Thu, 13 Jul 2000 08:55:44 GMT
At 14:49 -0400 12/07/00, Donald Ball wrote:

>i just struggled through this issue for a site of mine. it's not
>immediately intuitive,

I kept asking myself, why are they doing it like this ..... ?
Gradually it became clear ...

>but after a while you'll grok it.

This is the key statement !

I don't think I would have fully understood an explanation of what is going
on with XSP, it took making a TagLib myself to really appreciated the
remarkable but twisted logic of Richardo Rocha :)

>honestly, this is the only thing that really worries me about XSP - some
>things that you would think would be really simple are in fact subtly
>tricky - never impossible, mind, just nonintuitive.

And some of it is rather difficult to explain, why it does not work like so ...

>i guess that's where
>we need more and better docs. hey, someone was working on an XSP tutorial
>but it never got linked off of cocoon's site. can the party responsible
>repost the link and i'll add it to the web site myself? merci.

I am too busy to write any myself, though I would be happy to comment on,
contribute to, whatever, someone else's dox, if that would be useful.

regards Jeremy

                                                       webSpace Design
                                            HyperMedia Research Centre