cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@media.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: XP taglib and new cocoon site
Date Wed, 12 Jul 2000 19:46:55 GMT
At 17:11 +0200 12/07/00, Ulrich Mayring wrote:
>> No, you are mistaken. <util:include-file> includes the file after the
>> compilation has completed. It is a Java include, not an XSL or XML include.
>> So <util:include-file> does indeed avoid the 64K limit. You can verify this
>> by looking at src/org/apache/cocoon/processor/xsp/library/java/util.xsl
>> (IIRC)
>
>Are you sure this is true for dynamically generated XSP?

He's right

> I was under the
>impression that dynamically generated XSP is compiled at run-time.

Yeah, the xsp-java.xsl LogicSheet takes your XML/XSP and converts it to
Java Source Code, representing a Producer, using any other TagLib
LogicSheets mentioned along the way. The Source is compiled and executed,
when it get's executed, the code for the TagLib executes, in your case,
importing the file.
It imports the file into the output of the Producer, not the Source Code of
the Producer.
All of this happens when someone accesses the XML/XSP page.
It will only recompile when the XML/XSP or LogicSheet have changed.
It should always pick up changes in the imported file.

>But I
>may be wrong here, I haven't actually tried it, because (see below).

You are going to have to roll your sleeves up and have a go ! :)
Then look at the .java files made by your XML/XSL files ....

regards Jeremy

                                                       webSpace Design
                                            HyperMedia Research Centre