cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Jesse Reynolds <li...@va.com.au>
Subject install problems - 1.7.4 with ServletExec 2.1 on MacOS
Date Mon, 17 Jul 2000 13:08:14 GMT
Hello there

I'm pretty new to Java, so this is probably a stupid question on my part....

I've installed ServletExec 2.1 into WebSTAR 4.2 on MacOS 9 with MRJ 2.2.2. I've put the whole
cocoon distribution into the webserver root and configured ServletExec 2.1 as per the cocoon
website. When I go to http://mymachine/anything.xml I get the following response from cocoon.

                                                          Cocoon 1.7.4
	Publishing Engine could not be initialized.

java.lang.RuntimeException: Error creating org.apache.cocoon.parser.XercesParser: make sure
the needed classes can be found in the classpath (org/xml/sax/ErrorHandler)
	at org.apache.cocoon.framework.Manager.create(Manager.java:114)
	at org.apache.cocoon.Engine.(Engine.java:133)
	at org.apache.cocoon.Engine.getInstance(Engine.java:202)
	at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.init(Cocoon.java:141)
	at newatlanta.servletexec.HostServletContext.CreateServlet(HostServletContext.java:43)
	at newatlanta.servletexec.HostServletContext.loadConfiguredServlet(HostServletContext.java:159)
	at newatlanta.servletexec.HostServletContext.getServlet(HostServletContext.java:226)
	at newatlanta.servletexec.ServletExec.processServletRequest(ServletExec.java:1461)
	at newatlanta.servletexec.ServletExec.processServletAlias(Compiled Code)
	at newatlanta.servletexec.ServletExec.ProcessRequest(Compiled Code)
	at newatlanta.servletexec.ServletExec.run(ServletExec.java:298)

Warning: this page has been dynamically generated.

Does anyone have any idea why this would be happening? I've checked that I have the classpath
set to include the following (ServletExec Data:Classpath.pref):

path to cocoon:bin:cocoon.jar
path to cocoon:lib:fop_0_12_1.jar
path to cocoon:lib:servlet_2_2.jar
path to cocoon:lib:stylebook-1.0-b2.jar
path to cocoon:lib:xalan_1_0_1.jar
path to cocoon:lib:xerces_1_0_3.jar

Is there any way that I can check that xerces_1_0_3.jar does in fact contain the class "org.apache.cocoon.parser.XercesParser"
?

Also, is there some way I can echo the classpath environment variable out of ServletExec to
a webpage?

Thanks in advance

-jesse

      Jesse Reynolds - Virtual Artists Pty Ltd - http://www.va.com.au