cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Jesse Reynolds <li...@va.com.au>
Subject Re: Tomcat on MacOS problem
Date Sat, 29 Jul 2000 08:53:43 GMT
Check also that the .jar files have untared as binary files, not
text. If you use stuffit expander to untar, then you need to tell it
to handle .jar files as binary... I had this problem. Although I got
around it by using the program suntar, which works a treat, before
someone suggested adding the .jar - binary setting to stuffit.

A way to check that the .jar file is sane, is to open it in Zipit,
and check the validity of some of the class files within. I found
that in particular my whole xerces.jar file was bad, and fixed it by
untar'ing again with suntar.

cheers

jesse