cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>
Subject RE: xsl:text disable-output-escaping
Date Sat, 22 Jul 2000 21:12:28 GMT
On Sat, 22 Jul 2000, Torsten Curdt wrote:

> > > Why does this not work properly:
> > >
> > > <xsl:text disable-output-escaping="yes">
> > >   <![CDATA[ </tr> <tr> &nbsp; ]]>
> > > </xsl:text>
> >
> > You should use <tr></tr> instead. Something like your code above will
in
> > many cases lead to parsing errors. I had something like that, too, and
> > tried to hack around it with CDATA and other things, but in the long run
> > it is really worth it to redesign your stylesheet, so opening tags are
> > properly closed. You might open a can of worms otherwise.
>
> Hm... well, guess I know how to work around this... but shouldn't it
> work this way?

I think the problem is that using these funky methods requires that the
XSLT processor do the serialization to the result string. cocoon, however,
relies on xerces' formatters to do the serialization. presumably when trax
is finished and supported, it will be possible to fully support all of the
XSLT output elements in cocoon. i dunno for sure, though.

- donald