cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Uli Mayring <u...@denic.de>
Subject Re: XP taglib and new cocoon site
Date Wed, 12 Jul 2000 20:28:51 GMT
On Wed, 12 Jul 2000, Jeremy Quinn wrote:

> Yeah, the xsp-java.xsl LogicSheet takes your XML/XSP and converts it to
> Java Source Code, representing a Producer, using any other TagLib
> LogicSheets mentioned along the way. The Source is compiled and executed,
> when it get's executed, the code for the TagLib executes, in your case,
> importing the file.
> It imports the file into the output of the Producer, not the Source Code of
> the Producer.

Yeah ok, sounds logical. I haven't given this much thought, because of my
other concerns with this approach.

> You are going to have to roll your sleeves up and have a go ! :)
> Then look at the .java files made by your XML/XSL files ....

I guess the laborious way to go for me is to generate an XSP page
dynamically, which includes the original XML either by fp taglib or by
util:include. The dynamic XSP will be compiled, but has just the import
statement in its code, not the actual import results. With this
approach I'll parse the source file twice, though.

As you can see, I'm still not sold on the "logic pulls data" thing. It
seems so ancient and un-OO-like :)

I remember when I used to code in Prolog. That was really cool, because
code and data was the same thing and so there was no worrying about who
pulls who :)

Ulrich

--
Ulrich Mayring