cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Uli Mayring <u...@denic.de>
Subject Re: built sql query
Date Mon, 10 Jul 2000 22:27:18 GMT
On Mon, 10 Jul 2000, Donald Ball wrote:

> why in the world do y'all insist on mixing sqlprocessor with xsp? if
> you're using xsp, use the sql logicsheet! if there's something wrong with
> it, do tell!

For one thing the 64K limit for Java methods doesn't affect a processor,
but it does affect an XSP taglib :-)

The next thing is that with the SQL processor I have better control over
processing order, because I can decide whether I put it before or after an
XSP pass.

BTW, why didn't you implement XInclude as an XSP taglib, but as a
processor? I suspect the answer to that question tells you something about
SQL processor vs. SQL taglib. I think we need both, processor and taglib.

Ulrich

--
Ulrich Mayring
DENIC eG, Softwareentwicklung