cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Uli Mayring <u...@denic.de>
Subject RE: To contrib or not to contrib
Date Sun, 09 Jul 2000 12:50:07 GMT
On Sun, 9 Jul 2000, Torsten Curdt wrote:

> What about the DOM includes from the SQL processor? This should not
> be not at issue to this barrier because it's just a DOM addition,
> right?! (Please tell me that I'm right!)

You are right. The output of the SQL and XInclude processor is not
compiled, it is just added to the DOM tree.

I don't know what happens if you use the SQL taglib, though. Perhaps it
has the same problem, I don't know how it is implemented. But the SQL
processor is safe, I tested it with pretty large result sets from the db.

> > It was suggested to me that the 64K barrier could be changed via an
> > undocumented command-line option to the JVM. For sure, I have not found a
> > single byte of documentation about this limit anywhere.
>
> If not this would be a serious misconception and will get into big trouble
> since I voted for Cocoon! :-|

Well, if you don't use XSP in your large XML files, then you're ok.

Ulrich

--
Ulrich Mayring
DENIC eG, Softwareentwicklung