cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Uli Mayring <u...@denic.de>
Subject RE: entity hell with XSP
Date Thu, 06 Jul 2000 23:10:19 GMT
On Thu, 6 Jul 2000, Jay Cain wrote:

> If I understand correctly, you want the code generated by Cocoon to look
> like:
>
> "&quot;Paper&quot; Version 2"

I don't even care how it looks, I just want cocoon to generate compilable
code :)

> If that's what you want, then make your XML source read:
>
> "&amp;quot;Paper&amp;quot; Version 2"

Sorry, can't modify the XML source, it's data coming in from outside via
email. Probably they turned on HTML in their email client, but I really
can't tell people how to write their emails. (I'm writing an XML-based
email archive).

I am not sure if perhaps Xerces is the culprit, replacing all those
entities and confusing cocoon. If that is the case, then there should be a
setting in cocoon.properties to tell Xerces not to replace entities.

But, no matter what the circumstances, cocoon should NOT generate invalid
Java from valid XML.

Ulrich

--
Ulrich Mayring