cocoon-users mailing list archives

From I-Chung Young <ich...@puma.mt.att.com>
Subject Re: Serializer for HDML output
Date Wed, 26 Jul 2000 22:13:36 GMT
Hi,

	Based on my limited understanding, Serializer is
developed in Xerces. The current SerializerFactory only
allows XML/HTML/XHTML/TEXT. If you change the xerces,
then you could check how HTMLSerializerin Xerces is and
check HTMLFormatter in Cocoon to duplicate one. Or you
could check FO2PDFFormatter in cocoon and write your
own serializer on Document object.

	The problem I see is HDML syntax is even looser
than HTML regarding end tag. It may not be worth developing
it for this to-be-retired language. For a dirty hack, you
could treat HDML as text output and use TextFormatter in
cocoon. The advantage is it works (somewhat) The disadvantage
is all HDML tags (angle brakets) has to be enclosed in
<xsl:text><![CDATA[<]]></xsl:text> and
<xsl:text><![CDATA[>]]></xsl:text>

Hope this helps.
I-Chung Young