cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Torsten Curdt" <tcu...@dff.st>
Subject RE: multiple machines
Date Mon, 10 Jul 2000 08:15:44 GMT
> > Uh.. sorry, that wasn't clear! I meant Apache+Tomcat or IIS+Tomcat!
> > Actually I wanted to know if Tomcat can do the forwarding stuff, too!
> > Because in the Kombination Apache+JServ+Tomcat we have 2 servlet
> > engines!
>
> Actually, mod_jserv ist NOT a Servlet Engine, it's an Apache module that
> communicates with ServletEngines (such as JServ or Tomcat) via the
> ApJServ Protocol.

Ok... then we mixed up a little the corrects terms!
Thanks for clarification. Now it makes sense...

So the combination:
Apache+mod_jserv+Tomcat on one machine is a real life option...

but we can also do...

Apache+mod_jserv on one machine delegating to
multiple machines with just Tomcats

Correct?
--
Torsten