cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Torsten Curdt" <tcu...@dff.st>
Subject RE: multiple machines
Date Mon, 10 Jul 2000 07:23:10 GMT
> I guess my question is, the configuration you mention doesn't make any
> sense?
> Apache/IIS+Tomcat
> Why would you want 2 web servers and a servlet engine.

Uh.. sorry, that wasn't clear! I meant Apache+Tomcat or IIS+Tomcat!
Actually I wanted to know if Tomcat can do the forwarding stuff, too!
Because in the Kombination Apache+JServ+Tomcat we have 2 servlet
engines!

First we gonna start probably with just one machine but I want be
able to add more power to the system by just adding another machine
and be prepared for this.

So what I see as my best bet will be Apache+JServ and sometime
add some Tomcats...

(Hope Apache+JServ will do fine on win32. Unfortunately we're bind
 to this platform because of politcal reasons... I have been
 using JServ only with linux yet)

> Tomcat is great.  v3.1 is stable and works great with Cocoon
> 1.7.x and will
> work with Cocoon v2 when it's released.

That sound really great!
--