cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Torsten Curdt" <tcu...@dff.st>
Subject RE: cache and performance
Date Tue, 04 Jul 2000 14:16:17 GMT
> > Most of the projects we are working on are so heavily dynamic that this
> > would mean almost none of the pages can be fully cached!? :-(
> Well, if your pages are heavily dynamic, then why do you want to cache
> them at all?

...because not everything is changing...

Well, the point is - what is a page? Our XML-files stay the same most
of the time, our XSLT-files stay the same.
What changes is the data that comes out of the database that
"enriches" the XML-files. So there is a long way until we can
talk about "a page" and on this way there still some components
that stay the same!!

Caching the XML-file could save us from parsing and building
the DOM XML-DOM tree (Cocoon1 without SAX). Caching of the
XSLT-files would save another parsing task...

...I guess there's a lot to cache even on dynamic pages!
--
Torsten