cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "JJD" <jjdom...@home.com>
Subject RE: Running cocoon without network? --> xsp takes a lot of time!
Date Sat, 08 Jul 2000 01:18:40 GMT
Hi: I am looking for the same solution. The site *active4.com* seem to have
a redirect to *activepdf.com* and the product ipswitcher is not within their
product range. Do you have another reference? Thanks JJD

-----Original Message-----
From: Heimo Laukkanen [mailto:heimo.laukkanen@pp.inet.fi]
Sent: Thursday, July 06, 2000 9:34 PM
To: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
Subject: Re: Runnin cocoon without network? --> xsp takes a lot of time!

Nägeli Margrit wrote:

> I think your problem has nothing to do with cocoon. I had the same delay
> with a notebook running an applet which was communicating with a servlet
(no
> cocoon involved).
>
> It has to do with windows' notwork setup; try removing the dns server
entry
> (you may have to change it back later)

Now I got it to work almost as fast I wanted. Prosedure was following:

1. Downloaded ipswitcher from - http://www.active4.com. With this tool I
can keep my original setting saved, and whenever I need to switch off
dns I click on ipswitcher and reboot.

2. Accessed the server through my assigned ip: 192.168.1.4. Strange
though was, that if I tried to use localhost or 127.0.0.1 server waited
about 4 seconds before serving the page.

-huima