cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Robin Green" <gree...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: class reload
Date Fri, 28 Jul 2000 17:44:55 GMT
Alexander Krasilnikov <west@neonweb.ru> wrote:
>       I have some trouble with class reloading in
>       the configuration Apache/Resin 1.1.3/Cocoon 1.7.4.
>
>    Resin/Cocoon compiles sources of my classes
>ONCE AFTER STARTING. And later if i change my sources
>(even if i manually compile them) and reload my index.xml
>nothing is changed - i see result of working of my old
>classes. When i restart Resin new classes work!
>
>But this is not convinient path of development - after each
>source change restart Resin. Can anybody help me?

Have you tried adding a space to index.xml, so that Cocoon knows it has
changed?

If that doesn't work, I have made a modification to Cocoon to support
auto-reloading of classes on all servlet runners, even if the servlet runner
has no auto-reload facility itself. All being well I will generate the patch
files and post them to the cocoon lists this weekend (I finally have a
minute to spare! :-). Hopefully this can be included in the next version,
1.8 - due out soon, we hope.

--
Robin Green
i-tao Ltd.