cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Robin Green" <gree...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: using parameters
Date Thu, 20 Jul 2000 12:41:54 GMT
Carlos Araya <elrond@valinor.sjsu.edu> asked:
>I want to use the URL of a document to pass parameters to it (Something
>like
>
>http://host/file.xml?Style=xslt&stylesheet=fo.xsl
>
>Is there an easy way to do this without programming in Java?

No. Stefano (Cocoon architect) thinks it would be "too dangerous". *shrug*

It's a FAQ (though it's not in the FAQ). It should be easier to do this
stuff with the Sitemap in Cocoon 2 - depending on what you want to do.

>Can I used
>global parameters matched to the attributes I'm passing through the >URL?

I'm not sure I understand the question. Use request.getParameter () in Java.
Also, in your stylesheet you can use <xsl:param> and the stylesheet will
automatically pick up the specified parameters from the request.

--
Robin Green
i-tao Ltd.