cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Robin Green" <gree...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Possible to use beans with session scope ???
Date Wed, 26 Jul 2000 18:53:03 GMT

"Matthias Barmeier" <barmeier@BARMEIER.COM> wrote:
>I wonder if it is possible to use a properties of a bean that was setup
>using jsp.
>
>This would be grate beacuse I can transport informations from the quick
>hack
>web that is actually
>running to the new upcoming Cocoon web step by step.
>
>Is this possible ??

I'm not very clued up with JSP - never used it in a serious way - but yes,
it should definitely be possible. Just ensure that your bean classes are on
the classpath, obviously.

(Note: If my auto-reload code [not posted yet] makes it into Cocoon 1.8 or
maybe 1.8.1, and you use that version of Cocoon - no reason why not to! -
ensure that the beans that need to be shared between JSP pages and Cocoon
pages are not part of the auto-reload classpath, otherwise they will not be
reliably shared correctly. This is an inherent problem with classloaders,
AFAIK - you can't have your cake (auto-reloading in one servlet) and eat it
(share bean properties between servlets).)

--
Robin Green
i-tao Ltd.