cocoon-users mailing list archives

From 310026124542-0...@t-online.de (Mark Washeim)
Subject Re: Cocoon and caching capabilities
Date Wed, 26 Jul 2000 16:04:58 GMT
on 26/7/00 5:45 pm, Olivier Richaud at richaud@cstb.fr wrote:

>> Olivier Richaud wrote:
>>>
>>> With cocoon I incorporate remote XML document in my XSL in order to
> build
>>> an
>>> aggregate of several XML pages in one page as follows:
>>>
>>> <xsl:apply-templates select="document(http://host/doc.xml)"/>
>>> Nevertheless, the remote http://host/doc.xml is being cached by cocoon
> so
>>> that I never get the remote XML document reloaded. And this document is
>>> subject to frequent changes. I cannot afford letting Coocon cache pages
> for
>>> me. How can I do that, I mean not having those documents cached?
>>
>> Maybe the remote document is not cached at all, but rather cocoon only
>> looks at the original file and sees it unchanged, so serves it from the
>> cache. So you must tell cocoon to never cache the original document, you
>> just need to implement the hasChanged() method in your original document
>> and make it return "true" always.
>
> Does this mean that I must use XSP (which is not the case!!!!!)? Otherwise,
> an example would be welcome.
>
> Whatever, thanks for your answer.
>
> Olivier.

If you can do the aggregation at an earlier point, use xinclude. It always
checks the currency of the document and returns cached if the document
hasn't changed. That, however, requires you do the aggregation in an xml doc
prior to the xsl transform . . .
--
Mark (Poetaster) Washeim

that await translation.