cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Mike Engelhart <mengelh...@earthtrip.com>
Subject Re: Splitting a request into multiple outputs
Date Thu, 20 Jul 2000 20:43:14 GMT
on 7/20/00 3:38 PM, Alan Gustin at agustin@insiteobjects.com wrote:

> Hi, I am a newcomer to the list.
> I looked thru the archives but could not find an answer to my question.
>
> I want a producer to not only to provide the content for the page returned
> to the user,
> but conditionally, based upon the action taken by the user on the page
> submitted, I want
> the producer to include information to email to multiple addresses.
>
> What I am trying to do is have my producer take the one document, and split
> it into many and have the engine
> process each one of them, and, based upon PI's from the producer, output
> them in different ways.
>
> At the present, the engine only sends back http response.   I was
> considering modifying the code to allow the producer to return more
> than one document fragment and how each one was to be output.
>
> I suspect that I am approaching this all wrong and that someone can give me
> an approach to this without modifying the code.
I'm not really sure what you're trying to do but could you just write a
class that has a method that takes a DocumentFragment and email address list
and use the JavaMail API to send it out?
If so then just create an XSP that sends the standard XSL transformation to
the browser and then either spawn a thread and have it send out the email or
just send it from the XSP page itself.

I apologize if this is not what you're trying to accomplish.

mike