cocoon-users mailing list archives

From David Parry <d...@suranyami.com>
Subject Re: install problems - 1.7.4 with ServletExec 2.1 on MacOS
Date Mon, 17 Jul 2000 14:43:10 GMT
on 17/7/00 2:08 pm, Jesse Reynolds at lizst@va.com.au wrote:

> I've installed ServletExec 2.1 into WebSTAR 4.2 on MacOS 9 with MRJ 2.2.2.
> I've put the whole cocoon distribution into the webserver root and configured
> ServletExec 2.1 as per the cocoon website. When I go to
> http://mymachine/anything.xml I get the following response from cocoon.

Here's what I've found to be an okay solution:

Download the ServletExecDebugger from www.newatlanta.com... it's dead handy,
and it works fine on MacOS. Basically, it's a http server with a servlet
engine in it, and they give you a main method, so you can set breakpoints in
it too..

If you are using JBindery, make a simple application using the
ServletExecDebugger's main method, making sure to add all the cocoon classes
to the classpath. Running this seems to be about the easiest of the lot
compared to JSDK or any of the other commercial engines.

David Parry, Object Mangler

115 Highbury New Park, London N5 2HG
Radiophonic Voice Index: +44 7887 550 939
Digital paper facsimile: +44 870 168 9357

email: dayv@suranyami.com
web: http://www.suranyami.com